My First Attempt Making Steampunk Canvas

Here is a piece I made awhile back, but haven't shared on the boards yet.  This was my first canvas board I had ever played with.  Looking at it now, I would have added a lot more texture, but live and learn.  I learn what I like, what I don't like, and what I would like to change just by playing around.  I can't wait to get out my paints and mediums again so I can play and learn more.

Below is my 8" x 10" canvas board.  Click pics to enlarge.







The compass was a freebie from The Graphics Fairy and the female focal image is "Steampunk Burlesque" drawn by Rick St. Dennis MFA and can be found in Rick's Zibbet Shoppe.  Rick has other steampunk images as well along with over 700 digital images ranging from cute to traditional and going all the way over to the macabre side of the scale.  Rick's shoppe has something for everyone.

The sassy lass was colored with Copic Markers as was the compass.  I added a copper encased gem to the compass to contribute to the steampunk feel.

The die-cut cogs are Tim Holtz of course and were painted with DecoArt paints.  I added some copper and metal washers to the gears as well as a Tim Holtz watch face sticker which I grunged up with Distress ink.  One of the cogs has texture on it which was created with DecoArt Snow Tex DAS9-4.

I used Canvas Board for my backing and used the following products from DecoArt:
Acrylic Gesso (TXFP06-51) 
Americana Lamp (Ebony) Black(DA067)
Weathered Wood Crackle Medium (DAS8-9)
 Americana Antique Gold (DA09-3)
Americana Honey Brown (DA163-3)
Americana Sea Breeze (DA256-3)
Americana Alizarin Crimson (transparent) paint (DA179-3)
Decou-Page Matte (DS106-45)
Americana Dazzling Metallics in Worn Penny (DA287-3)
Americana Dazzling Metallics in Copper (DA205-3)
On a whim, I submitted my project to "Just Steampunk" magazine and was published in volume 4.  Monique, Aletha, and Miranda were all featured in volume 4 as well.  I'm currently working on a few projects to submit for volume 5 which is why I haven't been blogging too much.

Many of Rick's EDT have submitted projects to "Just Steampunk" and have been accepted to be published in the upcoming volume 5 edition!  Hopefully I will join the ranks with my projects.  I will share my newest creations when they are finished.  

Big news!  Since so many like the instant download feature on etsy, Rick has decided to keep the Etsy shoppe open in addition to having his Zibbet shoppe.  Best of all, you can find most of Rick's newest designs on etsy, including several new and exotic steampunk images that Rick drew especially for the members of the EDT for their special projects.

Cheers and have a happy weekend!
~Lady B~


Comments

  1. Well, I think the texture looks fab! Love the red and turquoise and beautifully colored image. Great project! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment